Wednesday, June 6, 2012

June 6, 2012 - Wednesday

Good Morning...what a slow start I'm having.  I got up early and began my blog and got so sleepy I had to go back to bed.  What a great sleep that was!  Kind of like a cheater nap!

Today is HUMP day... (for those of you poor soles that still work).  I need to get my MOJO back... I've been in a bit of a slump for the past several days.  Do you ever get like that?  Sure hate that feeling ... I wonder what brings it on? hhhmmmm... haven't figured that out yet...but when I do.. I'll let you all know.

I was so excited to see that one of my favorite designers - "With Thy Needle and Thread" has some wonderful new patterns out... take a peek!!


The top left - it's an adorable sewing box that she has painted, lined with pages from an old book, and then attached this wonderful new cross stitch to the top.  Guess what the box is from???????  A 12 oz. box of Whitman Candy!!  Isn't that so clever?

Then the right photo is a needle roll... you can see how it's all folded up immediately under it.

Then she made an adorable pin cushion... I love the lace and old buttons.  Then added a strawberry needle keep with a small pocket in the front to hold your tiny embroidery scissors and needle pack.

Can you see how she has the blackbird - strawberry theme going in all of the pieces?  I think it's simply adorable!!!

Yippee... Brenda!!!  It's awesome!!! 
 
*****************************************

Here is another adorable and clever idea!!!  When you have a party... freeze water into colorful balloons and then place your drinks around the balloons!  It's so pretty, doesn't make a sloppy, drippy mess and it's so fast and easy to dispose of and clean up!!



**********************************

Why oh why haven't I thought of this???  They've taken a large hot pad - folded it over and stitched around it...leaving an opening at the top.  They now use it to store their curling iron when traveling!  How many times have I waited for my iron to cool off before having to put it into my suitcase?  DUH!!!  I LOVE THIS IDEA!  It's fast and inexpensive!



*************************************

Now... as center islands go... I LOVE THEM!  I sure miss one in my kitchen now!  I just think they add so much to the decor... not even taking into consideration all of the storage and work space they give you.  Look at this one...it's made from OLD WINDOWS!  I sure do WANT IT!!!  You take a base cabinet...that you can purchase at Lowes or Home Depot - and built the windows around it...making any adjustments to the bottom base to make them all fit together...then add the counter top!  So darn cute!!


***********************************************

I guess I'm going to have to shop in the Dollar Stores more often.  They say they got this picture frame - repainted it - used some craft paper/scrap booking paper, mod podge and made this adorable print.  I just want the frame... they are so hard to find at a reasonable price!!!  I think that may be on my "TO DO" shopping list for this weekend.



**************

Then... I love this idea (not necessarily the cabinet).  They have taken a beautiful wool piece (I think it's a hooked rug) and attached it to the front of this primitive cabinet.  How wonderful is this idea?  So many times we have these great pieces and we just don't seem to know what to do with them.  If you are not into hooking... (a new hobby)... make sure you keep an eye out for pieces like this at antique stores.  Especially the antique hooked chair pads.  I just found a beautiful pink one... I'm going to attach it to the top of a pretty round box...  It will look so lovely! 

I would love a scrappy pieced mini quilt with wool applique placed on a cabinet like this too.... How pretty hanging on a wall!!!  hhhmmm... sound like another project idea I need to write on my list!! 

Then we'll dress it up with a sweet primitive planter on top with an adorable ivy trailing down the side... how about finding a sweet little primitive ceramic "blue" bird to place with the planter?


*****************************************

And last but not least.... this is the true meaning of:  "Honey... does this make my butt look too big?"

What in the heck was this chick thinking????  JUST SAY NO!!!

This looks like it belongs on that show - My Favorite Gypsy Wedding!!!  Have any of you seen that?  Oh My.... words cannot describe it....



Have a super Wednesday.... I'm sewing and trying to get out of this slump!!!  HELP ME!!!

Hugs to all...

Gloria

No comments: