Friday, September 7, 2012

Happy Friday (again)! 
 
They sure seem to roll around faster than they used to!  Time flies!
 
Well, today as I was looking at my Pinterest postings... I noticed it was all about hangars!  Now... this too (somewhat strange) is a fun love of mine!  Antique hangars!  Then...I saw this next picture and about had a stroke...look at all of these!

 
It was so much fun to look at all of the different types and wonder...what in the heck was this one used for?  Now this... my friends... is a real conversation topic if you walked into someone's home and saw all of these hanging on a wall!!


 
 Isn't this one cute?  I know it's not old...but I love the little hooks that hang on the bottom.
 
 
I think the idea of using these in the bathroom is so clever! 



 
Then you could add another one and hang your magazines and paper on them... good bathroom reading material!


 
This was a cool idea...they used the hangar as a "frame" around some cute prints.  I've seen these colored hangars in the stores.  They are very pretty in all the different colors they come in.

 
This I especially love... cover hangars to match your room decor!


Ha!  I couldn't resist showing you this sign!!  Has that ever happened to you?  (I'm just sayin' !)



I'm going to read up on this and see if I can make this type of pillow.  They say you are to copy a photo onto wax paper then iron it on cotton!  Have any of you tried this?  I think it has fantastic options !  What a great way to have beautiful pillows....(mine will be a bit more fancier...)





Okay... I saw this trick and I am surely trying it!  Instead of drawing the line on your half square triangles... use a piece of card stock paper and place it in the proper place - just like you would if you were going to draw a line... couple of threads over... know what I mean... to make room for the pencil lead ?
 
Well... instead of drawing..hold it in place and stitch down the side of the card stock.  Know... you would have to SLOW DOWN and not sew like a "bat out of hell" or before you know it... your card stock would be sewn TO the fabric... (NOT GOOD!)  Don't you think this sounds like it could work.  I'm going to give it a whirl and see if I like it!  You try it too and let me know what you think!


 
Here's my sweet photo for the morning... Momma and her little puppy!  So sweet...don't you think?

 
Okay... I'm leaving you now.  I'm getting a quilt ready to take to my quilters (Lynn and Cathy) and then I'm working on our next B-a-a-a-d Girls Club Make-it-take-it Project.
 
Have a super - dooooooper weekend!  We're going to our great nephews Birthday Party!!  Vincent will be 6 years old!  He's such a cutie patootie...I can't wait to see him..!
 
Hugs to all!  Happy Sewing!
 
Gloria

No comments: