Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Well.... it's been a whole week since we've chatted...wow ... what a busy week it has been.

We arrived back in Jacksonville yesterday afternoon around 2:30 pm.... and it felt so good to be home!  Jack and I immediately unloaded the car and put things away.... even though I could hardly put one foot in front of the other.  If I don't get to it right away... and sit down instead... it's all over!  I'm done for the day! 

My sleeping was not good while gone... uncomfortable bed, freezing cold... my silly covers kept falling off the bed!!  What was up with that?  Funny thing is... we had to sleep in a room with two twin beds.... and Jack kept loosing his covers too!  We laughed and giggled... wondering why in the heck it kept happening!  I came to the conclusion it must have been the blanket on the bed...it and the bedspread were pretty slippery...that's all I could think of!  So silly!

We did get to visit the Biltmore and see all the Christmas displays and lights...so pretty.  The most impressive site was the HUGE tree (35' tall) in the main dining hall.  We also watched a video on how they brought it into the house and sat it up and the decorations!  Wow...what a job.  We took a bus tour of the city and was that wonderful.... full of information on Asheville that I never knew!  The driver was also commenting that the tree in the dining room was ready for viewing on November 1.  It will stay up only 30 days and they will replace it with a NEW ONE!  OMG!!!  I can't believe they have to go through all of that again.  It smelled so wonderful!

We went the Dolly Parton's Holiday Dixie Stampede and I'm here to tell you... it was simply fabulous!  I was a little on the "doubtful" side... but that was soon squelched when we got into the program and ate the fantastic dinner!  What a great time that was.

Unfortunately... I did not get to do any antique shopping or visit any quilt shops!  It just wasn't meant to be I guess.  So, hopefully someone else got to see and buy treasures!!
 
Today it's catch up time.... lots of emails to answer, orders to fill, laundry to get started (ick!) and then I need to get busy on class details for our January retreat - along with updating some web site pages!
 
We will chat more tomorrow.... !  Good to be with you again.
 
Gloria

No comments: