Saturday, December 27, 2014

2015 - MY ORGANIZATIONAL PLANS!

Hi!! 

Today is the last day of our Christmas Celebration... the family is arriving around 1:00 and we are going to have a heavy food "munching" day... open gifts (for the kids) and just visit and have a good time.  

I'm hoping the kids enjoyed their Christmas day at home with their little ones.  It was pretty quiet around here... I cooked a BIG dinner for  Vicky & Larry, Linda  and of course Jack.  It was wonderful (if I do say so myself).  It was a bit unusual but fun to fix!

Shrimp Scampi & pasta
Fried Oysters
Cornbread
Caesar Salad
Gingerbread 

Then we just hung out and watched GREAT movies.

So.... the title of my post today is 2015 - ORGANIZATIONAL PLANS!!  I am going to work on this next year of cleaning, reorganizing, purging, etc. every nook and cranny in my house.  We've only been here a little over 2 years... but it's time.... know what I mean?

I have a HUGE walk-in pantry and I noticed the other day it looks like a typhoon swooped through it.

We have cabinets over our desk area that have things inside we have not touched since we moved in... so why do we have them?

I have tons of drawers in the kitchen... many of them contain (for lack of a better word) "junk"... you know.. it's those things you DO need to keep but only use them in a blue moon.  Well... I'm going to post pictures of what I'm working on "pre-organized" and what I've done after it's organized.

Now...this is baring my sole people.... letting you see my short comings!  But I feel it will give me inspiration to get some control back in my life and to  ACTUALLY know where things are!

Are you all game for this plan too?  I read an article that said if you take 15 - 30 minutes every day to straighten and reorganize something in your house you will feel so much better eah day...so
2015 is my year.  If you plan on working right along with me.... send me a comment and let me know!!!  We'll help each other get through this UGLY process.

Now... one more comment and then... I'm done with this posting.... here's what happens in my brain... when I start organizing certain things...it only makes my CREATIVE BRAIN CELLS go crazy and I can truly, truly get off track.  I'm now thinking of a million things I want to make and/or design.  So... as I work I have a notepad with me.  This too I will show you each day.... (what in the heck am I thinking...)  eeekk..... so you can see how a creative person's brain works!

Now... who's with me?  Do I hear a ton of you shouting... "MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"  !

Let me know... our mission begins on January 2 (after the holiday.... HA!!)


Organizingly yours,

Gloria

I'm off to take pictures....

No comments: