Friday, October 21, 2011

Good Morning!!

Friday.... great day for finishing up some housework and projects!!  I've mailed my Primitive Quilts & Projects "Marriage" sampler to the girls... now it's time to finish up the instructions and send them also.  I wish I had a little "fairy" that loved to write my patterns...that's the part that I dread!  Love the designing and construction though... it's the best!

My hubby is leaving today for a week trip with some friends to the Orlando area.  Since I'm leaving for market next week... he's taking a little time away from the home front also.  Strolling through the parks, reading, relaxing...what could be better?  I KNOW!!!  Walking through the isles at Houston Quilt Market!

I can't wait.. it's been such a long time since I've been to one of the markets...it will feel so good!

I'm also finishing up a few other projects here at home so I can get started on my next design!  It's a stitchery set as a center square in a quilt.  The stitchery is of an antique bird print that I purchased years ago as an inspiration for a fabric design.  Here is the print.....




I teach a class showing how to take this print and convert it into a line drawing.  Then you transfer the line drawing to fabric and stitch it... like red work... only I used black thread on this project.  I'll keep you posted on the progress of the quilt! 

Well.... I just got a breakfast date!!!  My hubby and I are going out for breakfast this morning.  I love breakfast out...don't you????  They always seem to get the bacon crispier than here at home...and I LOVE crisp bacon.... ahhhh... along with the smell of fresh coffee!  Life is good!

Time to hit the shower and get all dolled up!!

See you later chickies!!

Gloria



No comments: