Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I'm BACK...............  I have returned from Atlanta where I taught for a great group of gals from the Etowah Valley Quilt Guild!  19 crazy girls that did a fantastic job with their wool project - Three's Company.  Thanks girls for such a great time!


I got to stay with Tami - her house was in the sticks... but oh such a beautiful area!  I had no idea the woods in Georgia could be so beautiful.  Here is a picture of my gorgeous Americana bedroom that I called home for several days!
Don't you just love this bed?  It was one of those REALLY high ones...the kind you need a little step stool to crawl into it.  The quilt on the bed was antique!!  LOVED IT!  Slept like a baby!


On my way into Atlanta I just had to stop in McDonough, Georgia and visit with my friend, Karen Taylor - the owner of A Scarlet Thread.  Listen... if you haven't been to this quilt shop... you are missing something HUGE!  Her shop is gorgeous and so full of "eye candy" I just didn't know where to look first.  Here are some photos....


Now these florals.... I just wanted to roll around in them...they were so gorgeous!!!


This is the batik section!!!  Wow... was it ever wonderful!!!  All of you batik lovers... you'll go nuts!!


Karen has a wonderful area in the store where she sells machines... and her favorites are the embroidery ones.  See this pin?  Well let me tell you...they were making a new sample while I was there... and they will knock your socks off!  There is actually a software program just for these pins.  You use a product in your hoop (with your fabric) while stitching.  When finished stitching... you cut out the petals and then hold a steam iron over the top of the fabric (not touching).  After a few spurts of steam... the flower crinkles up into these fabulous shapes!!  It was AWESOME!



This is her embroidery machine software wall !!!!! To Die For!! 



Then you'll see a section that is nothing but displays of gorgeous bags, purses and totes!!!



                        A fabulous NOTIONS WALL !!!!


Then we have the children's clothing section!!  What adorable patterns!!!


This is just a small sampling of the wonderful displays at A Scarlett Thread!  If you are going North on I-75 - you must stop in.  It's just a short distance from the highway and WELL WORTH THE VISIT!!!
Here's her web site... go take a peek !!  Heck... do some shopping while you're there!  Remember... to support your local small businesses!  We want them all to thrive in this icky economy!!

Hey... I just had a wonderful thought!!!  Wouldn't it be cool to plan a road trip to A Scarlett Thread?  How about a BIG BUS!!!!  Karen told me to give her a "head's up" on when we would like to visit...she would love to have us!  Let me know if you would like to tag along???  Oh my... how much fun would this trip be?  I can see us all on the bus...singing...playing games... ha!!

Ok... I'm off to get busy at that sewing machine!  No rest for the designer blood in me!!

Later chickies!!    Gloria

No comments: