Saturday, December 24, 2011

Good Morning... Today is December 24 - Christmas Eve Day.  Have you ever had one of those nights when you tossed and turned because you knew you had a million things to do the next day.  Yepper... that was my night last night!  I lay in bed... making a mental list of things to do.  However, if your memory is anything like mine... I know when I get up in the morning I will have forgotten half of what was to be on my list.  So.... it's better to just get up and make the list - WRITE IT DOWN!  That was my intention this morning at 3:30 am.  Once I did that I thought to myself...hhhmmm... it sure would taste great to have a cup of coffee!  That was it.. I've been up ever since and it's now 7:50 am.

It's amazing what I can get done in the morning.  I have already answered tons of email, read my Pinterest Posts (love them!) baked oatmeal raisin cookies, 2 loads of laundry, made deviled eggs, cleaned out the spice cabinet (geeze louise... some of those spices were OLD... into the garbage they went.  Plus.. I found 3 bottles of vinegar - why 3 I have no idea!  2 salts, 2 ginger (hardly ever use that)..plus more weird things I won't bore you with).

Plus.... I made HOMEMADE FRENCH ONION SOUP!  One of my favorite soups.  I'm serving it on Christmas day... topped with a slice of yummy bread - smothered in melted cheese.  I found the recipe on Pinterest.  It's fabulous!!!  I'll post the recipe after the holidays... you must make it.  My hubby tasted it and said it was wonderful (and he doesn't lie...).  Once the bread and cheese are on the top it will be SUPER!!!

AND... I've been wanting to try this new recipe ... so I have everything prepared for this evening's dinner.  I used baby asparagus - wrapped with thin, thin ham then cook on the grill with olive oil.  One cooked you drizzle with a balsamic vinegar/mustard recipe!  I'll let you know how it turns out. (found this on Pinterest too..!)  I told my hubby I felt like a chef this morning...had pots cooking on the stove, oven pumping out cookies.. FUN!!   I really could be a chef... wonder if I'm too old to learn?  (shake it off Gloria... you have too many irons in the fire now...)

I want to wish each of you and your family a MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR!  I know that this year has been VERY tough for many of us, and I pray that 2012 is much better.  May your hearts be filled with the love of Jesus and may you enjoy the company of your loved ones throughout this holiday season.

Love to you and your family!

Gloria

No comments: