Monday, March 18, 2013

Pictures for you!

Good Morning!

I had a super weekend!  Vicky and I spent all weekend at Cinnamon's Quilt Shoppe at a wonderful St. Patrick's Day Sewing Retreat.  Faye and Janice did a fantastic job and we had a blast.  We got to sit with Cindy and Linda and they were super to sew with.

Wow... were we ever productive!  I finished some blocks for a class I'm teaching in June, Vicky finished 2 quilts and was working on the third one.... then.... came one of our "make-it-take-it" projects that Faye taught to us!  Oh my.... I became obsessed with these little zipper bags!  If you've been afraid to put zippers in bags... Don't be afraid any longer!

Take a peak at just a few... (few)... that I've made!    You can make them any size... put the zipper anywhere on the bag that you would like... it's just a blast!  See the one at the bottom?  Vicky bought some fabric that is plastic on the other side...now this bag is water proof... perfect for your makeup!  Yeehaw....   I made 19 bags!!!!!  Yes...that's right ... 19!!!  I was lovingly called the bag B - - - h!  tee hee!    

I'm even going to make a few of these as door prizes for Camp Blanding...!!!  Wouldn't you like to get one of these?  I sure would!


Then... we had delicious food... yummy!!!  Janice did all of the cooking... and let me tell you.... from cooking at the OGC retreats... it's HOT and tiring work.  We had wonderful soup.... and a delicious breakfast casserole!  Loved it!

I went ahead and took a couple pictures of the sewing studio for some of you that wanted to see it.  It's so much prettier in person than it is in pictures...but here it is...

We had just gotten home and "dumped" all of our "stuff" from the retreat...so it's a bit untidy at the moment.  (that sure happens fast when you're sewing doesn't it?)

This is our cutting table area.  We went to see what they had at an auction and we spotted this table... it's standing height and perfect for cutting.  Two of us can work here at one time.  Love it!  The white bin in the front is for trash and the one on the side is for scraps!  Love those scraps!!  All of the natural light from outside is perfect for cutting!




These are our sewing stations... we face each other with a table in between us.  (sorry for the mess... just flopped everything down).  We both have one of these little ironing table stations that Jack made us.  He's such a "handy man" to have around!



Everyone says they want to see our stash... so here it is.  All folded and ready to go into projects!  These are the backgrounds.  When I first began to quilt I had a fetish for collecting all types of background fabrics... you know ... when you're designing a quilt... you simply just have to pick the RIGHT one!



Then we have a wire cart that is full of reds, blacks and our pastels.  As you can see... our pastel shelf is pretty spare... even though we both love pastel... we seem to move more towards the darker colors.  Hey... that gives us an excuse to buy more fabric... when we need pastels... I'm sure we won't have just the right color... or enough of it!.. Yippee!!




These are our blues, golds, cheddars....



Then we have the browns, tans, and greens....




Now... I haven't shown you all of the kits... you simply DON'T want to see how many of those we have.  It would curl your hair!!!  I have weeded out some of them... and need to work more on that project.  I simply won't live long enough to complete all of them... so I've decided to keep only those that have made my "Quilts To Make Bucket List" !!!

Here is our project rack!  This is a bakers rack with trays on it... we have specific projects all together on each tray.  Do you think we need to get busy and finish up some of these?  It's getting a little bit out of hand. Once we get this under more control... I'll send you another picture so you can see that we have made some progress!  I'm hanging my head in shame....




Okay.. that's the tour for today... It's now 4:51 am and I'm getting hungry.  I went to bed at 7:30 pm last night...that sewing all weekend sure wore me out!!   All I did was sit and sew but I was pooped when I got home.  Of course...going to bed early makes one wake up early!  ICK!!!!  I'm thinking it may be a "nap" day for me!

I'll check in with all of you this week.... I have projects to finish and to get ready for my B-a-a-a-d Girls Club this weekend!

Chat with you later!

Gloria


No comments: