Thursday, May 9, 2013

Check out my Friends!

Good Morning!!!

I wanted to take a few minutes and show you some of the wonderful projects that are going on with my friends in the quilting industry.  I am simply amazed at the talent of these women... humbles me... drives me to be more creative... and puts me in my "happy place" when I read their blogs and see their wonderful designs.

Here we go!

First... is Lisa Bongean, Primitive Gatherings in Wisconsin.  Now this girl.. I'm not sure what she eats for breakfast, but she has more energy than the Easter Bunny!!  Each summer she has a BOW (block of the week) that she designs - both wool applique and pieced.  They are simply stunning... that's all I can say... stunning.

Here's what we have for this summer:
This antique quilt is her inspiration... OMG!! Love it!
Each week you will receive fabric to make 12 blocks (14 weeks long) - all reproduction fabric!



Then...this is her wool Block of the Week.... It's simply wonderful!  Then she will have a finishing kit you can purchase.  


Go to Lisa's Blog and read more about it.  If you decide to join... don't wait to long!!!  They fill up fast!

Primitive Gathering Blog   Thanks Lisa for another fun summer of blocks to work on!

Then... moving on to Pam Buda - Heartspun Quilts.  I was reading her blog and she posted two breathtaking quilts that are new!!!

"Abigail's Pins".....



and "Pins and Needles"



Pam also has wonderful "Sew Alongs".... Here is her next one!


You can join in by following her blog!  It's great fun and you will learn so much.... this chick has fabulous techniques.  Pam taught at our Camp Blanding Retreat!  She was a HUGE hit!


Then.............  We're moving on to Kansas!  Yes... Lynne and Robert (Kansas Troubles Quilts) are in the middle of a great adventure!  They recently took the bottom floor of their retreat house (OMG... it is to die for... I've been there 3 times already!) and opened up a small shop - specializing in Lynnes fabric (Moda), patterns, antiques, and wonderful gifts.  Robert (her hubby) has taken on a Bernina dealership and is loving it!  
Look at these great pictures!



It's kind of hard to see...but they have a cool ladder hanging over the cutting counter...


Yummy displays!!



This is sweet Robert... WOW do I love that lamp over his head!  So cool....


This is her wool corner....


These are some Pam Buda's - Heartspun Quilts - quilt patterns...

Aren't you ready to go shopping???? 
I love, love, love, love....that star!  I want one!!!  How in the heck would I get that home?????  

Here is an adorable new quilt pattern of Lynnes....

"Icicle Stars"  

How cute are those trees???  I'm lovin' it!


You can read more by visiting Lynne's blog:    

Okay... I guess I've gabbed enough... I'll post some more of my favorites next time... how about two (or three) of my favorite quilts shops???

Keep on sewin' ... and Celebrate Handmade!!

Gloria



No comments: