Sunday, April 11, 2010


I've always wanted to make "Quilt Rugs". When I tell people this they cringe with disbelief. We have throw rugs on the floor in our homes today and they are made from cotton and other fibers... we see nothing wrong from walking on these rugs. Yet.... when I mention making a "quilt-rug" the first thing I hear is, "Oh no, I can't walk on that...it's a quilt!" Well, yes and no - it's all in how you look at it I guess.


I'm forging on... even though people have questioned my idea.... See this proud fellow I've drawn? Well he's my next design... I'm going to put him right in the middle of a great big round circle.... bordered with beautiful tongues like they use on penny rugs.... He'll look grand... I'll keep you posted on my progress! Keep on sewing !! Gloria


No comments: