Saturday, April 17, 2010

Paducah....here we come!!

Well, Vicky and I loaded up the Sprinter van this morning (man was it hot...!) for our last show - on to Paducah! It was very sad knowing that this was the last time we would be getting ready for a retail show. I am excited for this trip... we are in a new building. The hotel in Paducah is no more (it was really, really icky inside!) The city has purchased this building - it's like a big blown up tent!! They use them at the Olympics and huge events. It is permanent in this location. Has 40 foot ceilings, concrete floor, very bright and light inside. It has to be better than the "greenhouse" we were in last year. What a nightmare that was!!!! It will be fun to see my Bonnie Blue buddies and all of the other nice vendors we've become friends with. What a great group of hard working people they are!


It's also hard to believe than in just two short weeks, the store will close. I can't even imagine how I'm going to feel when I walk out the door for the last time and lock it. My heart is just simply broken. However, I do know that God has plans for me and I'm movin' on! I have so many ideas that I want to design... I know I must be scaring poor Heather to death. You see... she's a big part of my designs... I love her talent..hhhmmmm.... did she get that from me? HA!!!


We think Lexie is going to be artistic too... you should have seen the stick figure she drew on Friday... without any of us helping her. It had fingers and toes... Heather was shocked. What a sweet little girl...!!


My suitcases are packed, our goodie snacks (for in the van) are ready... tomorrow morning bright and early ... I'm off to pick up Jill and off we go! I always have to prepare hand projects to work on while we're in the van. I just prepared another wool block that I'm designing for a block of the month quilt. It's pretty drop-dead-gorgeous. Whatcha think? I can't wait to get started on it. I use a whip-stitch applique method with silk thread... you can't even see the stitches. LOVE IT!

Also... today Jack (my hubby) brought the Olde Green Cupboard to the house. I have it full of quilts already with my pretty red/brown/cream star quilt hanging over the door. It looks so pretty in the house.





That's all I have for today... I'll keep you posted while in Paducah!!

Remember - "Celebrate Handmade"
Gloria

No comments: