Monday, July 16, 2012

Happy Monday to you.... Happy Monday to you..... (can you hear me singing?)

Yes.. .another Monday has rolled around.  This one is extra special because it's my oldest granddaughters birthday... Jaimi!  Happy Birthday sweet girl!!  She's had a killer weekend with all of her partying - then she had tons of college work to get finished.  I'm sure she's pooped!

Well... I began the AWFUL job of sorting and straightening my office/sewing area.  OMG!!!  Why is it you have to make a killer mess before it begins to look good again?  I just don't get it.  HOWEVER, I did find MANY things that I had misplaced and now they have been 'rescued'.  Then... once you go through everything - you see all of the stuff that you still want to make and then my mind goes off on a wild escapade again!  I think I may need some "chemicals to live by"... what do you think?  You know... just to keep me on track!  For Heaven's Sake... I think sometimes I'm out of control!!

Hey... I DID try something new this weekend (thanks to my friend Lynn R.... thanks Lynn... one more thing I'm working on now thanks to you...)  It's called Tunisian Crochet !  Have you heard of it?  Well... let me tell you... it is so EASY and FAST and FUN!  Here's a wonderful website to tell you all about it... along with PERFECT instructions.  I printed them - bought some "peaches n cream" cotton yarn and I'm now making my own dishrags.  They have the balls on sale at Joan, Etc. for a little under $2.50.  I've decided (the first one) to use the entire ball for a cloth.  Then I can determine if I need to make them smaller (or larger).  These can then be thrown in the washer - bleached - and you're good to go... using them over and over. 

Tunisian Crochet  This is a blog... once you are on the home page - look to the right and you'll see the area to learn about Tunisian Crochet.  You're going to LOVE IT!! 

The crochet hook is LONG and has a stopper on the end of it (so your stitches don't slide off).  You go back and forth... no having to turn your work!  You'll have so many dishrags... you'll go nuts - I'm telling you. 

For you girls that sew with me on Thursdays... I'll bring it with me and show you how. 



Then... I found these beauties... I think they are so sweet!  Don't you think a cup of coffee or hot tea would taste so much better if it were sitting on a pretty coaster like this?




What a sweet little gift to make for a girlfriend... your sister... daughter... or granddaughter!  I just love them.  PLUS.. if you make them with cotton thread - you can wash them!




Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...........  Here is one of my favorite quilts ALONG with it being finished in my favorite colors - BLUE AND WHITE.  I simply MUST have one of these in my collection.  I just think they are stunning!  As a matter of fact... I think I need two.. .one with the dark blue as the predominate color... but ALSO in reverse... with the white being the predominate look!



Then.. we have these scrumptious blocks.  Don't you just love the colors they've chosen.  I'm playing with the Dresden block at the moment.. .along with some wool...hhhmmm... wonder how it's going to look?  You'll just have to wait and see I guess!  (she's being a little dramatic...don't you think?... HA!) 



Wouldn't it be fun to make a little nest like this?  I'd love to have one in my yard to see if a bird would actually make it their home... I just think it's the sweetest thing.  I especially love the button they added on the end of the nail - details, details, details... it makes such a difference!


This... is a butler's pantry.  I've always wanted one of these!  Of course... I have NO BUTLER... and my house isn't even anywhere large enough for one.... but I just think they are so stinkin' cool!  When I become a millionaire... dahlings.... I'll have one...what do you think?  Ha! (not in my lifetime).



Here are some of my LOVES!!!!  Old thread spools and old tape measures.  Don't you love them too?



Well... it's now time to get back to my SORTING AND STRAIGHTENING!  I should be able to finish up the majority of it today... (thank goodness) so I can SEW!!!

Of course... I woke up this morning and decided to make a list of all the areas in the house that need "thinning" - you know... the stuff you haven't touched in years?  It's going bye-bye!  I've decided.. if it's not been in my life in the past 1-2  years... it's history!  (why do I do this to myself???  Tell me... why?)

Chat with you tomorrow...!! 

Gloria

No comments: