Friday, July 6, 2012

July 6, 2012

Good (late) morning! 

What can I say... I'm running late...this silly computer has sucked me in and before I knew it... time had flown by.  Oh well... that's life and I had fun snooping at all of the wonderful sites and great photos. 

Yesterday was so much fun... visited with my buddies at Cinnamon's and worked on my socks.  I'm on the last one and moving down to the toe!  Soon they will be finished - laundered - and I can post a picture of them.

I'm on a mission... to find metal tins (picnic baskets, lunch boxes, etc) that have the Christmas colors in them...like these (I may have already told you this... !)





I'm going to make a Christmas Display with them - with my primitive Santa's and Snowmen!  You are to stack them at different levels - use lots of greenery and lights!  Why am I telling you this?  Because they are bloody hard to find (at least around here)!!  I did get one when I was in Wisconsin... I was so excited  you would have thought I won the lottery... (even though I kept my screaming excitement within me!)  HA!  So... I now have ONE of these little fellows and the search is still on.  They do have them on eBay... but I'm so cheap I don't want to pay shipping.  So... I'll keep looking.  Today I have to run some errands so I'm going to slip into one of the local antique stores and see if I can spot any.

*************************************

Have you ever cooked hot dogs in a crock pot?  Well... we do it occasionally on Friday Night Sewing and they are delicious.  You put them in the pot on HIGH and within 4 hours they will be all plump and delicious...like they were cooked on a roller.  DO NOT ADD WATER.  They make their own juice.  This is great when you have a crowd coming over and you don't want to grill them!



I cooked this last night and you guys.... It was simply delicious!  So moist.  Here's what you do:

For 4-5 chicken breasts - 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (I had shaved on hand so I used that - fresh is better than in the shaker can), Italian bread crumbs.  Mix the mayonnaise and cheese together in a bowl.  I placed my chicken on parchment paper so it wouldn't stick to my pan.  (You can use spray too).  Spread the mixture over the chicken and then sprinkle with bread crumbs and PEPPER (I did not use salt - there is some in the bread crumbs)

Bake at 425 degrees for 20 - 30 minutes - depending on how thick your chicken pieces are.  Top should be golden brown.  TO DIE FOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




See these great projects?  They are from Primitive Gatherings and they were so adorable.  A couple of the girls that went with me bought the flag kit... it's wool pennies appliqued on the background.  The pin cushion was adorable too!!  We love you LISA!!!    If you would like to order one... here is the link!




Hey... I think (not for sure) that this is Sponge Bob Square Pants!!!  Isn't this a hoot?  Exactly where he should be... I DON'T LIKE THIS CARTOON!!  He is rude and crude!  What happened to the cute cartoons for little ones...where are they????  There are some weird kids programs out there... I didn't realize it until I began watching them with my granddaughters!  Geeze Louise...!




Ha... Look at these two... isn't this funny?  That cat doesn't look real happy does he?  I'm sure this is a photo that has been "fixed" to look like the bird is with the cat... but it's still a "giggle" isn't it?



Ok... I MUST GET BUSY!!!  I have patterns to package and mail, some to deliver to Cinnamon's - laundry to get started - projects to work on - think about what to fix for dinner - and then off to the antique store for a quick "fix" (I must go into them every so often or I go through withdrawal) !!!

Have a super-dooper weekend and we'll chat on Monday!  Let's see how much we get done on our projects over the weekend.  I'm ON A MISSION!!!!

HUGS TO ALL!!

GLORIA

No comments: