Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Yippee.... It's Wednesday and tonight is "So You Think You Can Dance"!  I love that show (I know I've told you that before).  I've missed it not being on since the Olympics have been playing.  I can't wait to see these talented young people dance.  The arrangements are simply SOMETHING ELSE!

Hey... do you get fire ant hills in your yard?  Man I hate those things!  I just found out this remedy on Pinterest - so I thought I would share with you... hope it works.


Get rid of fire ants. Pour 2 C of club soda directly in the center of a fire ant mound. The carbon dioxide in the water is heavier than air and displaces oxygen which suffocates the queen and the other ants. The whole colony will be dead within about two days. Each mound must be treated individually, and a one liter bottle of club soda will kill 2 to 3 mounds.

So... do you think this will work?  I'm going to try it... you never know... !

Today's posting is a question I have for all of you... I REALLY need your feedback!  Here's the issue... have you noticed there are NO wonderfully awesome "furniture style" hanging quilt racks on the market?  I mean... almost NOTHING!  I love to hang my quilts with a more warm, cozy flare... not just magically floating on the wall...know what I mean? 

I want so much to have these manufactured...whether by someone individual.. or we'll come up with the design and then shops can order them to sell.  OR... you can order them direct from a website.  What do you think?  Here are some ideas I've come up with....

Option 1 - This old window can be converted into a stunning mirror!  We sold tons of them at the Olde Green Cupboard.  They are simply gorgeous.... now picture this...see where the cans are hanging?  Add a small shelf to the bottom of the window/mirror with a rod hanging from it for your quilt!  This window could be shabby chic, painted the color of your choice, antiqued... you name it.  What a wonderful focal point when it's hanging in a room.  It could even hang above a bed and the hanging quilt could act as the headboard.



Option 2 - This is a piece of antique ironwork!  Now... how stunning would this be to have two quilts hanging, the top shelf decorated...and under the shelf (hanging directly on the wall) small pictures, pretty plates.... ?  Again.. the iron could be distressed as this one or more finished for those areas in your house where this shabby style may not fit in.  It would also be darn right wonderful hanging in your bathroom for towels!  Anytime you have something rusty (or chippy) simply spray it well with Krylon finishing spray (matte or shiny) and it will eliminate you getting rust on anything.



This piece is the top of a piece of furniture..something like an antique washstand.  They've turned it upside down, added the two architectural pieces on either side.  Instead of the pegs (towels hanging on them) I would insert a bar through the curly part of the end pieces.  Perfect for hanging a quilt.  Then decorate the top of it and it's gorgeous!



This is more the cottage look...and I love it.  It's painted white but can you imagine how stunning it would be in wood tone, black or RED?  Then tuck adorable baskets inside.  Again... replace the hooks with a bar for your quilt!



This is so unique... a piece of art.  It's finished in the "worn" look (which I happen to love).  However, it would look beautiful painted in any color.  It fits in a traditional home, shabby chic room (ooohhh... can't you see it painted a soft pink?) or in a country home.  Again...we'll add a bar to the bottom sides for your quilt.



Now...this is what I would call the "planter" style.  We would remove the strap and attach the box directly to the wall... then hanging from the bottom of the box we would add the rail.  Can't you just see if filled with all kinds of wonderful collections...even change it out for the holidays?  Pop a pretty trailing ivy or fluffy fern in there...hand some cute pictures or another small wall hanging quilt above it - wonderful!






I hope you can see this one... it's a larger piece hanging on the back wall above the tale.  I thought it too would be stunning with a rod across the middle for your quilt.


Okay...those are some of my ideas...what do you think?  These pieces would not be cheap... but affordable.  After all... it is considered a piece of furniture and surely the focal point of a room.


Okay...that's my issues for the day.. .I'd love to hear back from you on your thoughts. 

Hey..look at this sweet little picture...
Sweet little kitten paws...they are so stinkin' cute when they love you...aren't they? 


Hope you have a super Wednesday!!!  I'm off to eat some breakfast....

Hugs to all..

Gloria

No comments: