Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Here we go again!

I've redesigned my center block... here it is...  Still have a little "tweeking" to do... but I think it will be smashing!!  Ha!!!  I love it when a plan finally works out.


I just read one of my favorite blogs.... With Thy Needle and Thread - Brenda Gervais... Look at this antique sampler she is reproducing!!  OMG!!!  I'm simply in love!  I can't wait for it to be finished so I can order it.  It... along with about 100 others will go in my "to do" drawer!  I simply adore cross-stitch samplers and she is the best of the best!   With Thy Needle and Thread Blog



Another "Best of the Best" is Stacy Nash!!!    She too... is so wonderful.  I wish I could have gotten a closer photo of this super sampler she has just finished!  Oh my.... go to her blog  Stacy Nash Primitive Designs Blog and click on the picture.  It will enlarge and you can see all of the fine detail.  My favorite of the entire sampler????   (the sweet little turtle under the flower pot on the right)



**********************************************************************

More exciting news.... Pam Buda - Heartspun Quilts and Lynne Hagmeier - Kansas Troubles Quilts will be here in St. Augustine in January 2014 for an awesome Quilting Retreat!  I can't wait... I'm checking my calendar and seeing if I can attend.  I've been to their retreats before and they are so darn much fun.  They are so generous with their knowledge... prizes and goodies they give to us are wonderful... and it's simply a blast!..  Go to Pam's Blog and read more about the trip and contact them today!!  Pam's Blog!!!!  Hope to see you there.  

p.s.  For those of you that normally attend our January Camp Blanding retreat in January... we are trying to book it in February so it will not conflict with this retreat... that way we can attend BOTH OF THEM!  YIPPEE!!!!  

****************************************************


And one more thing I'm excited about.... my NEW Loose Feathers from Blackbird Designs!  I simply love these two gals... they are so sweet and talented and I buy everything they design, make or do!  (I'm a groupie....can you tell?)  This Loose Feathers will be a series of small samplers!  Good... SMALL IS GOOD!!!  Maybe I'll get more of them finished!!  It's pretty fitting we have a bee one... Alma is now raising bees!!!  Isnt' that cool.  She's such a neat lady!

Love you both Alma and Barb!!


Have a super happy day... I'm heading to the sewing machine!  

Gloria

No comments: