Saturday, June 1, 2013

Okay.... 

I forgot to add one more UFO to my list... and it's an important one!  Here it is!!  I and several of the gals from our B-a-a-a-d Girls Club want to do SNOWBOUND by Silver Thimble Quilt Co - Pay Wys and her great gals that work with her.  We are going to do our applique in WOOL!!!  This is the perfect size for my table... in either my kitchen area or the dining room.  I even have that same stripe fabric!  Can you believe that?  I'm a sucker for wonderful stripes...especially when it has that "ticking" look!



This is Pat... what a WONDERFUL LADY!!!  She is a riot... she's just one of those gals that you instantly LOVE and she is so funny!  She puts me in such good spirits when I'm around her.  Talented?  Does a duck have feathers!!  The answer is YES, YES, YES!!!  She travels and teaches all over...!  Go to her website and check her out!  You're gonna love her... YES YOU WILL!

Hey... you know my Snowbound quilt above?  I just saw on her website she is going to have a "quilt-a-long" and this is the quilt they are using!  How great is that?  I'll just go with her and work on my quilt.  That way I'll feel like we are "visiting" and "chatting" together like we do when we are at market!

If you ever get the chance to take a class from her... DO IT!  You'll have a blast... !

Here is her website:  Silver Thimble Quilts Website







I wanted to show you my FLOWERS!  Now... I know this may not be a big deal to all of you... HOWEVER, it is hot stuff at my house!  You see... I DO NOT have a green thumb (due to the fact that I kill things very quickly).  

This is my Lantana!  I normally have yellow...but this year I picked an orange color (Klasina... your favorite color !)  I have found that in this HOT, HOT, HOT weather... they need a BIG drink of water every day!  Poor things..they sure do wilt fast!




Then... in the backyard - are my petunias that Jack bought me on Mother's Day... I can't believe they are still alive!  We just bought this bird bath and we haven't seen one silly bird in it yet!  What's up with that?  I thought in this HOT weather...they would be drinking up a storm... or taking a cool bath!!  But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..... NOT YET!  

I even went on-line and read up on how to take care of the petunias when they start looking a bit straggly.  If you do what they say... they will bloom all summer through the end of August!  So... I'm surely trying to take care of them!


Then... Toby and Dayle (son and daughter-in-law) bought me this great plant for Mother's Day to!  We have it by the garage... and hopefully will train it to twist around the down spout and brick wall.  It will be so pretty there.  I almost had to chase after the mailman the other day.  He brought several packages to the door and put stuff in the mail box!  When I went out to get the mail (by the street) I saw where he had ripped off one of my long vines!!!!  It was the one that was going up the wall!  I stuck it in the dirt and hope that it will re-root!  I was NOT HAPPY with him!!!!  I'm sure he heard me yell at him even though he was miles and miles away when I discovered it (his ears must have been burning)!!! 
So... we'll keep babying it too.... As it grows I'll give you new pictures.



Well... that's my update for the day!  It's time to get back to working on our new website!  We are working so hard at getting everything transferred to your new Host.  I'm even adding a section of "How To" Videos.  I think it will be great fun to find things we all wonder how to do and can never remember... like how to make certain embroidery stitches, how to make bias binding (even I have trouble remembering this technique), new tools.... etc.  So.. when the new website is up... get you a big soda or coffee and watch some great videos!!!

Catch you all later!!!

Gloria

No comments: