Saturday, June 8, 2013

It's National BEST FRIEND DAY!!!

Hi chicklets!!!!

Did you know that today is National Best Friend's Day?  Yep!!!  So... who is your best friend?  

I think I would have to say (not counting my husband...that's kind of a given don't you think?) my twin sister, Vicky!  After all... we've been together for 64 years.... Many of those years we lived realllllllyyyyyy far apart from each other.  I'm here to tell you it was awful!  She was living in Vermont and we were in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba!  Couldn't get much farther could you?

Here we are.... as little girls living on the farm.  Mommy (that's what we called her...) had just made these pretty yellow (some kind of fluffy, soft fabric) dresses.  We had been to the Columbia City Old Settler's Day (the local fair in town) and they had let us have these two little pandas.  We were on our way to see our Pop Clyde (Grandpa) ... he was in the hospital!




Gosh... I loved those little dresses...they were so sweet.  

And...here we are today... best buddies!  Love you Vicky!!!


Remember to call your best friend today and tell them how much you love them!  Just imagine what your world would be without them.  I don't even want to think about that... do you?  

Go Celebrate!!!

Have a fun day!

Gloria


No comments: