Monday, January 16, 2012

January 16, 2012

Good Morning!  Happy Monday!  Did you have a great weekend?  I sure did!!!

Today... I came across this "surprised" little fellow and I burst out laughing ... I had to share him with you!


Doesn't it look like he's saying  STOP... WAIT... DON'T MOVE!!!


I have an awesome decorating tip to share with you... that you can start "hunting" for NOW - then you'll be ready for spring.  Check out this beautiful flower box!



This is a rattan/wicker suitcase - you can find them all of the time in flea markets and antique stores - CHEAP!!  They have spray painted it white and then filled it full of beautiful flowers and plants.  Lining the inside with a plastic bag would be a great idea to protect the wicker longer.  This would be so pretty with several of them in a display on your patio.  Heck.. you don't even have to paint them white...what about pink or light green or a soft yellow? 

For you primitive girls - black, deep brown, dark navy!  The sky is the limit when it comes to buying spray paint!  You do want to look on the can and be sure it will adhere to wicker.. and the handle the outside elements.  Happy spraying and planting!  If you all do this project - send me a photo so we can put it on the blog.

*************************************************

Here's another cute decorating fun project.  All you need is an old window and scrapbook paper - pick out the colors to match your room, paste them into place, add a hangar to the back of your window... and boom... you're finished.  They've added antique door knobs to the bottom and hung a wreath to match!


*******************************************

Okay... how many of you are in need of a new ironing board cover?  How many of you hate all of the ugly ironing board covers out there?  (I swear...they pick the ugliest fabric to make them out of!)  Well, now you can make your own.  I know, I know... some of you are moaning.  However, just think how cool your ironing board will look in your sewing room when it's dressed in some of your favorite fabric!  It may even make ironing more enjoyable (now that... I want to experience..)


Here's the website that will show you how to make this magical experience come alive

Ironing Board Cover


************************************************

Look at this button project!  I've decided I think it would be so cute to make one of these button necklaces to hold my scissors - a lariat!!  Don't you?  Plus.. to make one out of all old buttons would be the BOMB!  Can you just see how jealous everyone would be?  What a fun project to make with your girlfriends.  This is on my "to do" list for our wool project group.  I think they would love this.  Here's a little tidbit of information.  Did you know that no matter how BIG the button is - the holes are always in the same place???  If you took a 2" button and placed a teeny tiny button on top of it... hold it up to the light - you can see the holes line up the same!  I told my husband that and he looked at me like I had 4 heads.  So.. of course... I had to show him.  You should have seen the look on his face!  He was quite shocked and in awe that I was correct!  HA! (sometimes you just have to show them things to make them understand..know what I mean?)

You can buy the lariat clips to add to the bottom of the necklace... plus it's easy to make it the length that is comfortable for you.  Here is the link:  

Button necklace

They will show you how to do other things with buttons - but I wanted you to see closer how the buttons were attached together.   Have fun making this sweet thing!

*************************************



Look at this lamp?  Is this not the most adorable thing you've ever seen?  I tried to find a "project" link to make this sweet thing - but it didn't exist.  This was an actual lamp that was for sale.  So..... this is my idea - find a sweet lamp that is of the correct height for your sweet little dress.  You can find these antique dresses in the antique stores.  Buy you a cute little child's hangar with a swivel hook - place the dress on your hangar and hang from the inside of the light unit.  Don't you think that would work? 

I just think it would be so sweet in a little girls room.  Or.. how about finding a cute little boys sailor suit and do the same thing... change the lamp shade to blue or red, hang the sailor suit on the lamp... and now you have a cute addition to a little boys room.  LOVE THIS IDEA!!

************************************************

What a time this blog has been... the system is not being nice today and posting pictures has been a real challenge.  I think that's a sign - telling me to get off my butt and get busy today!  Don't you?  I could stay on this computer all day - and that doesn't get my projects finished (and I DO HAVE a FEW of them!)

*******************************************

Let's Get Organized Tip of the Day:

Declutter candles - like the one that is bent - or the one that won't stay lite.  Throw them away and tell yourself it's "OKAY TO BUY NEW ONES" !!!

Ta Ta!!  It's off to cross more "done" things off my project list!

Gloria

No comments: