Thursday, January 5, 2012

January 5, 2012

So.... I've now cleaned out my ENTIRE cabinet that holds my spices, my baking supplies, and on the top shelf... booze!!!  You know.... I'm now getting the hang of this "daily" organization deal.  Yep... you have the intentions of doing just the ONE THING and before you know it... an hour has gone by and you've accomplished MORE than you thought you would.  LOVE IT!!! 

Plus...while up there on the step stool - I looked at the top of my refrigerator!! OMG!!!  I think I could have grown potatoes up there... DUST, DUST, DUST... I'm kind of glad I can't see up there on a daily basis...ick!  HOWEVER... it's nice and shiny now... Thank heavens for paper towels and Windex!

How many of you had old spices??  NOT ME!!  (yea...right!)

Here is our "happy" photo for the day... isn't this the sweetest site?  Makes me tear up!  The love of a mother is so sweet...even in our sweet little lambs!!!



Then... I was reading one of those sites that has all of the "tricks" to cleaning, etc.  Here is one I've never seen or heard of before.  I'll admit... I haven't tried it yet...but I just had to share it with you.  So cool!  Plus.. one more thing I heard about Vanilla - it's the most popular scent that men like.  Did you know that? 


Vanilla Extract 101 - Clean the microwave and leave it smelling sweet with this household trick! Mix 2 cups of water and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract in a microwave-safe container, and zap it on high for five minutes. When it's done, remove the container and wipe down the interior of the oven. Any gunk should slide right off.     

Then.... check out this gorgeous vase of flowers!!!  I WANT THIS!!!   The glass vase doesn't even have to be this fancy!!!   So precious...so feminine... even using beautiful silk flowers would be gorgeous!

          

And last...here is a great craft project... that anyone can do!  You can buy these leather handles in craft stores... OR... I've even seen where leather belts can be purchased and used for handles.  Love this idea ... such a great country, shabby chic, and cottage look .  If you know of someone that loves baskets (THAT WOULD BE ME!), make this quick project and give to them for their birthday!




Have a great day!!!!     Gloria

Organization Tip For The Day:

Put your cans together on a can shelf in your panty!  Put all the fruit together, vegetables, soups!  Turn all labels to the front.  Now... if you are really ambitious... you can put each category in alphabetical order!  (nnnnaaaahhhh... that's a bit too much!)

If you are a person that has TONS of canned goods, it will be fun to hear how many cans you have of ONE thing.  In our panty... we had 7 cans of sloppy joe mix.  Do you know how long it's going to take to eat all of that?   Whew....   I've now shown my hubby how it's going to be on the can shelf!  He just looked at me and laughed!  I'm not sure what the laugh was for.... me being silly about the cans... or because he knows he won't remember to do it. hhhmmm....

No comments: