Monday, January 9, 2012

January 9, 2012

Happy Monday!  Do you like Mondays?  Gosh.. I simply used to dread them years and years ago (when I worked at the bank...).  Then when I had the Olde Green Cupboard - I couldn't wait to get into the store and "fondle" the fabric (HA!!  Those of you that quilt and sew.. totally understand that comment!).  Plus.. I missed the "girls" (my employees) and it was so fun to be with them.  Then.. the customers - oh how I loved visiting with them, looking at all of their cool, new projects.

Now.. Monday's seem like every other day - I LOVE THEM ALL!  I'm telling you... this retirement is THE BESTEST OF THE BEST!! (sorry... to those of you that are still working..)

Every morning I grab my coffee and head to the computer.  I spend sometime reading my favorite blogs, email, and then Pinterest!  Then it's time to post on MY BLOG!  It's only been 9 days - and I'm still lovin' to share with all of you.

Speaking of sharing... I came across this awesome site for "FONTS".  So many times I've seen such cool font styles on projects, signs, etc. and I've always asked myself - "where do they find those?"  I think I've found the answer!!!  Take a peak!!


This site even gives  you the opportunity to type words so you can determine which font you would like to order.  Here is the link:   FONTS    If for some reason it doesn't work - follow me on Pinterest and click on the CRAFTS board - you'll see it there and can follow it to the website.

******************************************************


This is both my "feel good" photo and something I want to make.  I couldn't find the directions link - but I'm hoping to figure it out.  The little ears were put on before baking...however - I can't tell if the eyes were made before or after baking.  I'm thinking - after .. or they would have baked shut!  Don't you think?  I just want to pop one of these little fellows into my mouth right NOW!!

********************************************


These are pockets from MENS SHIRTS!!!  I thought they were so cool... I'm thinking of making a few (going to Goodwill to find some cool shirts) and use them for cute little gift bags for my friends!  Then.. the rest of the shirt - I'm going to cut up into 2" blocks - save a bunch of them and use in a quilt!  Look at all of these colors together - aren't they awesome.. I just think it would make an adorable quilt.  Don't worry about making those button holes!  Only ONE button actually works - sew the others on for decoration only!  If you can't find men's shirts with the flap button - make one from the CUFF!!!  Be creative!

************************************

WHO DOESN'T LOVE THE DIPPING SAUCE FROM CARRABAS????  It's so awesome... here is the recipe!!


YUM - A - LI - CIOUS!!!!           ENJOY!

Carrabba’s Bread Dipping Spices
Source: www.recipelink.com
Makes 1/4 cup
Ingredients:
2 tbsp. chopped Italian flat leaf parsley
1 tbsp. minced garlic
1 tsp. dried thyme
1 tsp. dried oregano
1/4 tsp. dried basil (or 1 tbsp. fresh-if using fresh reduce parsley to 1 tbsp.)
1/8 tsp. dried rosemary (or 1/2 tsp. fresh)
1 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/8 tsp. ground red pepper (or 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes)
1/2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
1/8 tsp. fresh lemon juice
Directions:
Place all ingredients except olive oil  & lemon in a blender or food processor and chop until all ingredients are similar in size. Stir in the olive oil & lemon juice.
For Serving:
In a small dish, place 1 1/2 tsp. spice mixture. Pour 3-4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil over top of the spice mixture. Serve with french bread for dipping

***********************************************

Look at this cool decorating idea!!


I think this is so pretty.... what about above the fireplace?  Or.. on the wall in your kitchen?  It's so unique and unusual... and all from thumbtacks!!  The different fonts is what makes it so cool!

**********************************************

Let's get organized!

Today... "Clear off one bedroom shelf". 

OK... in my house..it's going to be my PURSE shelf.  How many of these silly things can I get rid of?  I'm off to do my chore!

Then I'm getting ready to have lunch with my girlfriend - Karen!!  We're headed to Panera... YUM!!

Until tomorrow....  Gloria




No comments: