Monday, February 6, 2012


February 6, 2012 – Monday
Happy Monday everyone!  It’s supposed to rain today and tomorrow…so you know what that means???  LET’S SEW!!!  I love to sew when it’s raining… turn on the TV to HGTV or better yet… an NCIS marathon (wow I love those two fellows… so handsome!).  I have my laundry done, my bed is made and I’m just going to listen to my little featherweight purr all day!   I tried to sew yesterday… but it just didn’t happen!  ARG!!!  HOWEVER…



I did make a ‘killer’ recipe that I want to share with you!  It’s White Chicken Enchiladas(?).  They were so easy to make and OH SO GOOD.  Take a peek!!  Here’s the recipe!  Now… make sure you add this to the recipe.  I cut up a medium onion and caramelized it in butter – then added it to the sour cream – green chili’s mixture.  The onions were a GREAT addition.  I would love to take the credit for it… but someone mentioned it in the ‘comments’ section of the on-line recipe and it sounded like a perfect addition. 
Do you ever make recipes posted on the Internet?  I do… and so far – everyone I’ve made has been wonderful.  Make sure you scroll down to the end of the recipe and read all of the comments.  You’ll see where people may have adjusted the recipe and made it better! 
Chicken enchiladas with green chili sour cream sauce
10 soft taco shells
2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
3 Tbsp. butter
3 Tbsp. flour
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup sour cream
1 (4 oz) can diced green chillies (I had a 7 oz can and used the entire can!)
1 medium sweet onion

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease a 9x13 pan
2. Mix chicken and 1 cup cheese.  Roll up in tortillas and place in pan.
3.  Chop onion and carmelize in olive oil
3. In a sauce pan, melt butter, stir in flour and cook 1 minute.  Add broth and whisk until smooth.  Heat over medium heat until thick and bubbly. 
4. Stir in sour cream, carmelized onions and chilies.  Do not bring to boil, you don't want curdled sour cream.
5. Pour over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.
6. Bake 22 min and then under high broil for 3 min to brown the cheese.
Do not bake longer than the 22 minutes - they can dry out too much.
Have fun making these and enjoy.  It makes 10 of them… HUGE!  I DID USE more than 2 cups of shredded chicken.  I had FOUR – HUGE – chicken breasts that I simmered and shredded. 

****************************


Look at these silly dogs!!!  Can you tell one is playing the dominant roll?  Or he’s just being lazy and wants a padded seat… I guess the concrete is to rough on his butt!!  What a hoot.  The look on the dog that is being squashed is something else.  Good little chuckle for the day!
 ******************************
So… what are your thoughts on picture frames?  Not given them much thought?  Well… I LOVE beautiful picture frames (so does my daughter…do you think she got that from me?).  Now… I really don’t own any wonderful frames… as of yet… but look at what they did with this!!!  It’s two frames – one on top of the other… and it’s so wonderful…. Don’t you think?  I love chunky and ornate. 



Then…look at what they did with these sweet frames… LOVE THEM!! So creative… you could make these to match any room in your house!  These have metal on the back - covered with fabric.  Use a spray adhesive and smooth flat.  Then take some cute buttons, old ear rings... add magnets to the back and you have adorable message boards!
 
*************************
Clothes… have you ever dreamed of being able to wear special pieces of clothing.. knowing that your body will just NOT cooperate with that concept?  Well.. I sure have.  My body is so messed up that my dreams are all I have to look good (tee hee).  Look at this shirt – I’m not sure why.. but I just think it’s so sweet.  Now…this shirt would look wonderful on my Heather.  She has that pretty long neck (without multiple chins) and those slim shoulders (not slumping like mine) and those skinny arms (NO BAT WINGS).  I can just see her in this…so sweet… aaaahhhh… I’ll just live out my wardrobe fantasy though Heather!!!  What  a novel idea!!!

 ***************
Hey… do you like cookies? Well… I must admit… I am a cookie monster (at least I used to be).  So now that the cookies are ‘taboo’ with my diet.. I just look at the pictures and can image what they taste like.  I have decided that once all of my excess baggage is GONE.. I’m going to treat myself to some of these delicacies every once in awhile.  This one… is top on the list!!
Peanut butter melts with chocolate dips and nuts!




Here’s the recipe!!!
Pretty, peanut butter cookies with just five ingredients (It only makes about 18 cookies...what's up with that?  NOT ENOUGH!!  I would have to quadruple this recipe!)

1 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
4 oz. Baker’s semi-sweet chocolate, melted
1/2 cup finely chopped peanuts
Preheat oven to 325. Mix peanut butter, sugar and egg until well blended.
Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Remove and roll mixture into 18 balls.
Place on ungreased cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
Flatten each ball by using a fork to make a criss-cross pattern.
Bake 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 5 minutes on cookie sheet and then cool completely on a wire rack.  Melt chocolate.Dip one end of cookie into melted chocolate and then dip into chopped peanuts. Repeat with other side. Place on wax paper covered cookie sheet and refrigerate until chocolate hardens.
OK… I’m signing off.. the sun is coming up and it’s time to get another cup of coffee and let the sewing begin.  (I guess I’d better get out of my pj’s first!)  Oh no… this is a perfect day for PJ’s.  Susan used to ask me all the time at the store (when the weather was bad) if she could go home and put on her PJs and sew… she would stay in them all day and then get dressed right before her hubby came home.  Ahhhhh… Susan… you’re my kind of gal!!! 

Hey…we should have a PJ party sometime…wouldn’t that be fun???  Speaking of parties… I’m planning a “pinning party”!  Yep… that’s right…. All of us that love to PIN (using Pinterest) will be getting together soon!  Let me know if you’d  like to come!  We will have lots of food, show and tell – and laughter!!  ((it’s the best medicine you know….)
 
Organizational Tip:  Do you have electronics & phones that you no longer use?  Get rid of them!!  Take the phones into Verizon (or any other phone store – make sure everything is erased from it) and donate your phone.  Old cameras you no longer used… donate them to Goodwill… !!  Have fun!!

Gloria
p.s.  Sorry about all of these silly lines!  I have NO CLUE where they came from and I can't get rid of them!  (have I told you how frustrating it is when I can't get my computer to do what I want.... arg!!)

No comments: