Monday, May 14, 2012

May 14, 2012 - Monday

Hi everyone!!!  How has your week been?  Mine...well... let's just say it was "hoppin"!! 

I drove to St. Petersburg and spent the week helping Maryellen with she and Paula's new Block-of-the-Month.  OH MY GOSH... I've never seen so many pieces of fabric in my life.  They have 12 large blocks and a ton of smaller blocks in the quilt.  Maryellen thinks there were about 8,500 pieces of fabric that needed to be folded.  Now... each block is folded individually - with a sticky label on each piece of fabric - we worked on 125 kits.  That's just to get them started.  Who knows for sure how many shops will order their BOM !!! 

Isn't that great?  By the end of my last day - my right shoulder (by the shoulder blade) was SCREAMING in pain and the arthritis in my left thumb was singing right along with my shoulder.  WOW...what a job.  While I was folding and labeling - Wendy (friend) came and folded the HUGE pieces used for the finishing kit while Maryellen measured and cut!  We had ourselves a MAJOR production line going!  HOWEVER... we still didn't get finished!!  Darn it... I wanted it to all be done so when she returns from market - no worries.  NOT... her daughter is going to finish up the block folding while we're at market.  Then when she returns - it's putting the kits and binders together and shipping!

While I was there - Maryellen had a monthly and quarterly shipment she had to finish on their current BOM.  Poor thing...she had boxes everywhere!  Wow...what a job!

We did drive to the beach one evening and had a yummy dinner.  I had a grouper sandwich with onion rings.  NOT on the diet but it was OH - SO - YUMMY!!!  The fish was ssssssssssooooooooooo good!

So... today and tomorrow are major "catch up" days for me.  I will be leaving for market too - Kansas City ... here we come!  I LOVE SPRING MARKET!!!  It's so much fun to see all of the smiling faces, bright pretty quilts, clothing, projects!  Just marvelous.  I'll try and take lots of pictures - so when I get back I can show you what it's like.

Today & tomorrow... I have to run tons of errands, do laundry, pack, work on our B-a-a-a-a-d Girls Club Make It - Take It for the end of the month, do some housework, get some wool applique blocks prepared to take with me (work on the plane and in the hotel room), and then drop with exhaustion.

So... unfortunately.... I'll be out of "blogging" pocket until I return... I'll chat with you on Tuesday, May 22 !!  Gosh... that seems so far away!! 

I did find this sweet picture I wanted to share with you.... it reminded me of my sweet Heather when she used to play in the bathtub with her babies!


Isn't that so sweet?  Baby girls...isn't it precious how they have the "mommy" instinct when they play?  I'm so amazed at that....

Hugs to all... keep stitchin' and sewin' while I'm gone.  I know for sure I'll find so many wonderful things for you while I'm gone..

Gloria

Oh... and one more photo... to keep you smilin' all day!! 

YEE HAW!




No comments: