Monday, May 28, 2012

May 28, 2012 - Monday  "MEMORIAL DAY"

When I was a  young girl... I never really understood Memorial Day.  It actually was just another day to me.  However, since I've been married and spent 20+ years in the military with my honey... and lived and shopped on military bases my entire adult life... this day has an entirely new meaning to me.

As I awake in the morning and hear the storm outside - it reminds me of the turmoil and hell our soldiers have lived through fighting for our country... so I can sleep in my warm cozy bed, drink my hot cup of morning coffee, and chat with all of you... THEY have given this to me.

To all of you that are currently serving in the military, to all of the families that sacrifice so much from being away from their loved ones, for those of you that mourn loved ones that have died in battle....

Thank you.

Two small words that don't even fill up one line on this page... but yet... fills it completely.  Two of the most powerful words spoken.

Thank you... for my liberty and my life.

May God bless each of you and keep you safe and heal your wounds and calm your sorrow.






Have a blessed day.....

Gloria

No comments: