Wednesday, May 23, 2012

May 23, 2012 - Wednesday

Good Morning everyone!

I decided today was the day to give you some photos from the Kansas City Quilt Market!  Of course you know I have to visit with some of my favorite designers.  This market they out did themselves...! 

Of course... it goes without saying that Red Crinoline Quilts (formerly Bonnie Blue Quilts) was at the top of the list!  Their new Block of the Month is so WONDERFUL!!  I had posted it some time ago... do you all remember it? 



This is it.... FREEDOM RINGS!!!  (How true is that statement...living here in the good old USA!)  Ask your local quilt store if they are going to participate in this BOM!!!  They won't be sorry!

Hi Paula and Maryellen... see you soon!  LOVE YOU!!


**********************************************

Here we go.... Lisa Bongean from Primitive Gatherings!!!  This woman amazes me!  I think she runs on 2 hours sleep and go-go juice!  Her new quilts and wool projects were so wonderful.  My favorite... well it's the one she's standing in front of!  It's called Colfax County and the inspiration was the antique quilt itself.  You use triangle paper - which makes the piecing perfect and EASY!  If you've never used triangle paper... I'm telling you now... YOU NEED TO DO SO! 

I remember the first time I used it... I was so excited to see and FEEL how well the quilt blocks went together...all seams matching and the 1/4" seam allowance was a dream!  As soon as this pattern (and the fabric line - OLD GLORY GATHERINGS) arrives at Cinnamon's Quilt Shoppe...this quilt will be humming on my sewing machine. 

Karen ordered the entire line of Lisa's OLD GLORY GATHERINGS!!  Go to this link and check them out - Old Glory Gatherings 

Moda (her fabric company) has new "candy's" they will be releasing soon!  (coming soon to Cinnamon's Quilt Shoppe)  They are pre-cut 2" squares from tons of different fabric collections.  I can't wait to get my hands on some of them for some new designs.

Hi Lisa.... See you NEXT MONTH (OMG.... I'm so excited to return to Wisconsin again... I could just pee my pants!!!...ooopps.... sorry about that...)



*************************************************

Here is Tara Darr - Sew Unique Creations!  She and I have known each other for years.  She was a show vendor along with us for years.  Now... she's getting back to her roots!  Design, design, design...that's what she is working on.  She had 22 NEW quilts and projects in her booth.  That's totally EXTREME!  Needless to say - they were breathtaking!

Here is the link to her web site!  Check out the great new patterns... so much fun!  For those of you that love wool applique... she too is an expert in this area!  Sew Unique Creations

Hi Tara... LOVED YOUR BOOTH and your wonderful new patterns.  You're the bomb!!




*******************************************

Pam Buda - Heartspun Quilts !!!    She's one of my sponsors for our Alaskan cruise that my honey and I are going on in August!  I'm so excited... Jack and I haven't had a vacation together for so long... I think the last time was the 3 days were went to Hawaii and that was how many years ago?  OMG... I can't even remember!!! (terrible...simply terrible...)

She was such a busy little girl in her booth...it was hard to get her to stand still for just a few minutes.  I remember the very first market she attended... I was so excited for her and her quilts were just wonderful! 

Hi Pam... see you in August on the BOAT!!!!  We are so excited!!!  Hugs to you!





********************************************

Stacy West - Buttermilk Basin !!!!!!!!!!!  Now...just let me tell you.... the wool projects she had in her booth will just.... simply... knock your socks off!  Cinnamon's Quilt Shoppe will have them arriving soon and they are AWESOME!!!! 


Stacy's hubby was with her this trip... his FIRST market and he was so sweet!  What a great guy!  He helped us with our order and was so proud of his wife!  (as he should be...!!!)

Thanks Stacy for all of the hard work, long hours, and sore fingers - the new designs were so wonderful.
I simply love all of your work!

Take a visit on her web site and see what all she does.  Her NEW patterns are not yet posted - but they will be shortly!!! (right Stacy?????)





******************************************

And last but not least were the 3 sisters from Primitive Quilts and Projects!  What a wonderful family they are and how great they all get to work together.  They have almost 30,000 subscriptions to their magazine now... and I say we can all help to INCREASE that number!

Do you have your prescription?  If not... you should!!  All of the long time Primitive, Reproduction, and Folk Art designers are in the magazine.  PLUS - they are showcasing many new designers that are simply unbelievable!!!  Go to their web site - RIGHT NOW - AND SUBSCRIBE! 



GUESS WHAT?  Vicky and I will have a project in the winter issue!!!  Yep... we are so excited.  So... you'd better get signed up!!!  That's the only way you will have access to the pattern!

Hi girls!!!  We're glad to be back with you!!!  Good to see you again at market...see you in October at Houston!



**************************************

Okay...that's it for the day... it's time for me to get my fanny out of this chair and get busy!  I'm working on my classes for this weekend... then I'm headed to the store for my

I-Pad  !!!!!!!!!!!  Yes... I'm buying an I-Pad and I can't wait!  Soon I'll be sketching my new design ideas - just like they do on Project Runway!  hahahahahahahaa!!!

See you all tomorrow...

Gloria

No comments: