Tuesday, May 1, 2012

May 1, 2012 - MAY DAY!!!

Happy May Day everyone...!!  I never really understood this day...dancing around a May Pole.. I'll have to GOOGLE that and see what the deal is!

I'm running late today!  I was awake at 4:30 am and told myself... DO NOT GET UP!!  So I didn't and fell back to sleep and woke up at 7:00!!  That is very unusual for me...so I feel like I have HOURS wasted. 

The Pinterest program decided to be a little stubborn this morning...so I couldn't get much for you.  Just as I would PIN something... or try to move it to my blog...the system would go down!  ARG... very frustrating.

I did find this beautiful "granny square" throw!!!  One of my friends (Susan) was making one the other day and it just put a bug into me... (like I have time to do this).  So.... I've just been collecting patterns and someday it may come to life!


Now... I'm normally not a fan of this type of throw...but I think the colors are beautiful.  I want to use pale colors tooo... to match my new quilt on the bed.  aaaahhhh... someday!!!  Susan... don't you love this?  It looks JUST LIKE YOU!!!

**********************************************

Then... look at this sweet little fellow!!  He's made from wool roving!!  Am I NOT the most adorable bunny????  Heather... can you make this sweet little fellow? (I know you can!)
I love his little nose... the way they've made it a different color... so precious!


***********************************

Look at these yummy potatoes!!!  OMG... I love potatoes !  Unfortunately they are full of carbs and I'm trying to stay away from them (darn it anyway).  However... I may just have to make these and try a couple of slices.  They simply look too scrumptious to pass up.  Here's the recipe!




2 large potatoes, scrubbed
 3 Tbsp olive oil
 1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning

 1 tsp salt
 4 Tbsp Parmesan cheese

 Slice potatoes into very thin slices (1/4 inch). big ziploc bag to coat the potatoes. Toss potatoes with olive oil, Italian seasoning and salt in a ziplock bag to coat.  Place in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with foil. Bake at 450 for 15 -20 minutes, until lightly brown.  Top with Parmesan cheese and bake an additional 5 minutes.
I could go for some of these right now... sprinkled with some green onion and a little dab of sour cream... oh my!!!  (my stomach just growled....)

**************************************************
Hey...check out this rug!!  I LOVE IT!!  Now... this is something else.  Isn't it cool?  I wonder where in the world they got the material for this thing? I went to the site and it's from Etsy.. .a long time ago.  Has anyone ever seen yarn like this (I guess it's some type of yarn)  I wonder what size hook they had to use!!!  WOW!!!!


*********************************************
Okay... I give up posting pictures... the computer is just not cooperating today and I'm about to pound it with a hammer.  So... instead... I'm off to the shower and getting my sewing room ready for a busy day.  My girlfriend, Merryanne, is coming to sew today and then we're having lunch out somewhere.  YUM... 
Have a super day and we'll hope tomorrow will be a better day for posting!
Make some stitches today!
Gloria

No comments: